Happy New Year from CSforAllMN!
We started out this year with our first virtual Advisory Committee meeting on January 23rd, 2019. During this meeting we discussed the national landscape of computer science for all (CSforAll) and the landscape of CS in Minnesota; we met and learned more about one another; and we shared our plans for the future. While we were focused on brainstorming and collaborating to improve equity for CS education in MN, we also spent some time getting to know the great things many of our committee members are currently working on.
We value our Advisory Committee members and are so excited to be collaborating together. Please meet our advisory members who were able to join our January meeting:
- Dean Breuer with the Minnesota Department of Education
- Vince Cabansag with Clockwork
- Jim Davnie with SciMathMN and the MN State Legislature
- Joan Freese with Twin Cities Public Television and SciGirls Code
- Rommel Lee share updates on behalf of Senator Klobuchar
- Christina Llamas with Technovation MN
- Chery Lucarelli with College of St. Scholastica
- Kaitie O’Bryan with Mounds View Public Schools, CSTA-MN, and Code.org
If you are interested in joining us or know someone that you think would be a great fit, whether as part of the Advisory Committee or in a focused working group (we have a state summit to plan and a state landscape report to write), please reach out! Our next Advisory Committee meeting will convene March 6th, so more news is coming soon. We want to make sure as many voices as possible are included.
Sending you warm wishes from chilly Minnesota!
PS – don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @CSforAllMN.